Entrepreneurial Training & Support for Our Reentry Population
Since 2014, City Startup Labs has been providing award-winning entrepreneurial education and support to young black men and now African American millennials in a robust, rigorous, and comprehensive program. It’s the only one of its type in Charlotte. CSL is bringing the same method to the formerly incarcerated.
City Startup Labs is now offering returning citizens in Charlotte the opportunity to develop and exercise their entrepreneurial capabilities with a new initiative through its Center of Excellence — the ReEntry Entrepreneurship Program or REEP. This program is designed to guide the participants through the process a researching, planning and launching impactful and scalable enterprises. The Center of Excellence process also equips participants with an entrepreneurial mindset, attitude, and aptitude for success.
Developing entrepreneurial capacity and sparking innovation from within this population is a dynamic way of establishing and restoring trust between those, who may have done harm and a community in need of reconciliation.
Specific programming designed to deliver entrepreneurial and skills education and training to the formerly incarcerated will be aligned to provide a comprehensive process for individuals interested in developing a viable skill and business ownership as a post-release career option and potential anecdote to recidivism.
- Utilizes the LEARN/EARN/BUILD approach to developing a skill & a business.
- For those persons willing to seriously pursue both entrepreneurship & a skilled trade as a post-release career-option.
- Exposure to business basics and the business-modeling process.
- The development of the entrepreneurial mindset, critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Improving employment prospects.
- Develop a work-history while learning-and-earning as a skilled trade & business management apprentice.
- Get fast-tracked to developing and launching a skilled-trade based business located within designated Opportunity Zones.
This program is the first of its kind in Charlotte and we’re looking for people who are serious, committed and intent on making a difference for themselves, their families and the community, by building an impactful business. REEP will show how to get it done.