Entrepreneurial Training & Support for Our Reentry Population
Since 2014, City Startup Labs has been providing award-winning entrepreneurial education and support to young black men and now African American millennials in a robust, rigorous, and comprehensive program. CSL is bringing the same method to the formerly incarcerated.
City Startup Labs offers justice-involved persons in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County the opportunity to develop and exercise their entrepreneurial capabilities through its ReEntry Entrepreneurship Program (REEP). This program is designed to guide the participants through the process of researching, planning and launching a solopreneur business OR position themselves to be a value-added employees. REEP also equips participants with an entrepreneurial mindset, attitude, and aptitude for success.
Developing entrepreneurial capacity and sparking innovation from within this population is a dynamic way of establishing and restoring trust and a community in need of reconciliation.
With the LEARN/EARN/BUILD programming, get the skills training and entrepreneurial education needed to understand the world of business ownership, start the company you’ve been dreaming of, or to use the basic tech skills for a new job as a post-release career option and potential anecdote to recidivism.
- Utilizes the LEARN/EARN/BUILD approach to developing an IT skill & a business.
- For those persons willing to seriously pursue both entrepreneurship & a skilled trade as a post-release career-option.
- Exposure to business basics and the business-modeling process.
- The development of the entrepreneurial mindset, critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Improving employment prospects.
- Get fast-tracked to developing and launching a skilled-trade based business located within Mecklenburg County.
- Get PAID to LEARN and an opportunity to EARN even more.
- Receive a Business-In-A-Box (including kick-starter capital) to get your solopreneur business off the ground.
We’re looking for people who are serious, committed and intent on making a difference for themselves, their families and the community, through building a new business or new career. If you are interested in participating in the next REEP session, APPLY HERE.